B CHEEZY KALE WILD RICE
By Sara Galipeau of @sara_rhn_loveplants
- 1 cup Floating Leaf wild rice blend
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- a liberal sprinkling turmeric (~1/2 tsp.)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped kale
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Prepare rice, adding the bouillon, paprika, and turmeric to the water at the start.
Package instructions indicate cook rice sealed (covered) for 25min; instead, after 15min, open pot to add the rest of the ingredients as follows:
Stir in kale to wilt/thaw.
About 1min later, stir in chickpeas, basil, and coconut oil.
Once coconut oil is melted and mixed through, stir in nutritional yeast.
Allow to warm through another 3-4min and serve. Makes 2-3 meal-size servings or 4-5 sides. Top with more fresh basil, chopped walnuts, or vegan cheese shreds as desired.