CRISPY QUINOA CAKES
- 2 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp Flax seed, ground
- 3 tbsp Water
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the ground flax seed and water. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the quinoa, breadcrumbs and spices.
- Once the flax and water mixture has thickened, mix it into the quinoa bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan with a tablespoon of oil. Form the quinoa patties using 3-4 tablespoons of the quinoa and flax mixture.
- Fry each patty in the oil for approx. 3 minutes per side on medium-high heat until crispy and golden brown.