MUSHROOM WILD RICE SOUP
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup dicedonions
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Cook the onions in the oil for 3 mins, till translucent.
- Add garlic, basil and tarragon and 2 teaspoons of thyme. Cook for another 2 mins. 4. Add diced potatoes and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add 2 cups of sliced mushrooms and keep cooking over low heat for 10 mins. 6. Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Keep boiling on medium heat for 20 mins. 7. Set aside and let cool.
- Toss the remaining 2 cups of sliced mushrooms with the remaining thyme and olive oil. Add 2 tsp of salt and ½ tsp of black pepper and spread onto a baking sheet. 9. Roast sliced mushrooms at 350F for 20 mins. Let cool.
- Blend the boiled mushrooms and potatoes with an immersion blender. 11. Add salt & pepper till properly seasoned.
- Mix in the roasted mushrooms and wild rice
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with bread.