STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
- 1 Acorn Squash 1 individual
- 1 cup Brown Rice, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Brown Lentils, cooked and drained
- 4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cupOnions, diced
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Roasted Nuts (optional)
- Cut acorn squash in half. Chop off stems or tails so that it can lay flat.
- Leaving seeds inside, roast squash halves face down on a baking sheet at 400F for 50 minutes.
- Remove and turn upside to remove seeds and filling.
- Cook rice and lentils in vegetable broth. Drain and reserve liquid.
- In a large pan, cook onions and mushrooms and cook on high till mushrooms
- Add herbs and spices and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and rice and 1⁄2 cup remaining broth.
- Salt & Pepper until mixture is strongly seasoned
- Fill squash halves with lentil mixture.
- If desired add roasted nuts or seeds for crunchy texture and additional protein.
- Top with chopped cherry tomatoes and fresh rosemary.
- Return squash halves to the oven at 350F for 10 minutes before serving.