We are so thrilled with our new Wild Rice Blend with riceberries rice!
Thank you to The Endless Meal for this beautiful Rice Pilaf recipe!
This has become the most popular whole grain rice among the health-conscious in Thailand. It has a nutty flavor, aromatic scent and a chewy texture similar to that of brown rice.
Riceberry rice is a cross pollination of Jao Hom Nin (the local non-glutinous purple rice which has high levels of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins) and Hom Mali Rice (also known as Thai Jasmine Rice). The deep purple color is typical of plants that yield high nutrition.
Why is Riceberry Rice so Special?
- Healthy food with higher vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Anthocyanin Rich*
- Extremely high in fiber and bran oil
- Good for your immune system
- Reduce risk of cancer
- Increase blood circulation
- Reduce risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure
- Prevent memory loss
- Good for eyesight
- Slow down aging
- Good for your healthy hair and nice skin
- Good for weight control as it has less Carbohydrates and high fiber
- Aid digestion and help keep the stomach free from disease
- Help wound healed faster
- Help lung work better
- Low-Medium GI
- Plant based Protein
Our Wild Rice Blend is perfect for plant based side dishes like Wild Rice Pilaf.
This stunning rice pilaf recipe checks all the boxes – flavor, color and texture! Switching up your regular minute rice to plant based protein of wild rice is a simple decision especially when this cooks up exactly the same way. No mysteries, no guessing games – 25 minutes to cook, 5 minutes standing and it’s time to get out the forks!
Riceberry Rice Pilaf with Cranberries and Pecans
It has a nutty flavor, aromatic scent and a chewy texture similar to that of brown rice. This recipe checks all the boxes - flavor, color and texture!
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Floating Leaf Wild Rice Blend
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberrie
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Optional: 1 tablespoon olive oil
Bring 2 ½ cups of water to a boil over high heat. Pour the rice into the pot, lower the heat to medium, and cover with a lid. Let the rice cook for 25 minutes then remove the pot from the heat. Let the rice sit with the lid on the pot for 5 more minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir.
- In a large pot, combine 1 cup of Floating Leaf Wild Rice and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover & boil for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat & let stand, covered for 30 minutes.
Yields 10 x 1/3 cup servings.