SAVOURY LENTIL STRUDEL
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups lentils cooked and drained
- 1 Cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Puff pastry, thawed
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add dried thyme and oregano as well as cumin and mix in, cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils and cook until the mixture has started to dry.
- Add mushrooms and keep on low heat until mushrooms are well cooked through.
- Remove from heat and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Unfold puff pastry onto a floured surface and gently roll with a rolling pin until it is smooth.
- Cutting out a rectangular length of pastry, add the lentil filling to the center of the rectangle.
8. Roll pastry like a wrap and seal with seam side down. Tuck the ends in making sure the seams of the pastry are underneath.
9. Cut indents into the top of the pastry and brush with olive oil.
10. Place on a lined baking and bake first at 450 for 10 minutes then at 350 for 30 minutes.