SQUASH RISOTTO WITH FARRO
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups farro
- 1/2 cup squash puree
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 c fried mushrooms
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add farro and let it roast slightly until it starts to crackle.
- Mix vegetable broth and white wine and add ½ a cup at a time to the pan and stir gently.
- Keeping the heat on medium, keep adding ½ cup broth every few minutes until the farro is cooked al dente.
- Slowly mix in the squash purée
- Remove from heat and season with nutritional yeast, salt & pepper.
- Garnish with sage leaves and fried mushrooms.