Have you heard of riceberries yet? This has become the most popular whole grain rice among the health-conscious in Thailand. It has a nutty flavor, aromatic scent and a chewy texture similar to that of brown rice.
Riceberry rice is a cross pollination of Jao Hom Nin (the local non-glutinous purple rice which has high levels of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins) and Hom Mali Rice (also known as Thai Jasmine Rice). The deep purple color is typical of plants that yield high nutrition.
Why is Riceberry Rice so Special?
- Healthy food with higher vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Anthocyanin Rich*
- Extremely high in fiber and bran oil
- Good for your immune system
- Reduce risk of cancer
- Increase blood circulation
- Reduce risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure
- Prevent memory loss
- Good for eyesight
- Slow down aging
- Good for your healthy hair and nice skin
- Good for weight control as it has less Carbohydrates and high fiber
- Aid digestion and help keep the stomach free from disease
- Help wound healed faster
- Help lung work better
- Low-Medium GI
- Plant based Protein
Visit our recipe page for a scrumptious rice pilaf using this nutritious Wild Rice Blend.